The International History Olympiad is a competition organized by International Academic Competitions which is designed to bring the top history students from around the world together for an unforgettable two weeks full of various competitions with a history-based theme, and a chance to meet students with similar interests and talents from around the world. For more information, please visit us at historyolympiad.com.
What’s included in the program registration?
- Student Program Registration: All student registrations include participation in all Olympiad events (buzzer-based competitions, exams, other competitions), field trips in and around Rome, lunch at St. Stephen’s (July 23-30) and the Opening Ceremonies Barbecue (July 23).
- Accommodations: Varsity and Junior Varsity students may also select accommodations through IAC as part of their registration. Those registration options include breakfast and dinner throughout the Olympiad (beginning with lunch on July 23 through breakfast on July 31) and double-occupancy accommodations at either St. Stephen’s School (not air-conditioned) or a nearby hotel (air-conditioned).
- Parent & Family Program: Parents, siblings, coaches, and others are welcome to attend the Olympiad, but are required to register in advance. Registration includes attendance at the Opening Ceremonies (and subsequent Barbecue), Medal Ceremonies (throughout the week), the opportunity to compete in the Open Division of the Olympiad’s multiple-choice exam competitions, and the Closing Ceremonies. We will also be offering additional optional experiences for Parent & Family Program registrants (details will be available in the spring). Siblings of competing students who are 5 years old or younger are not required to register for the Parent & Family Program.
- Naples & Pompeii Trip: Olympiad attendees are also welcome to extend their trip by a day and join us on a day trip to Naples and Pompeii. For students who are staying in IAC-coordinated accommodations during the Olympiad, the cost of the Naples/Pompeii extension includes the additional night of July 31 in their accommodations.
- If you have already registered and wish to purchase additional Naples/Pompeii Trip Extension tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
Middle School & Elementary Division Attendance Policy
Students in the Middle School and Elementary divisions are required to attend with a parent or guardian, and the parent/guardian is responsible for signing the student in and out at St. Stephen's School each day.
Any request for a refund must be sent via email to email@example.com. Registrations canceled before May 31, 2023 will receive a 95% program/accommodations refund. Registrations canceled between June 1 and June 30, 2023 will receive a 50% program/accommodations refund. No refunds will be available after June 30, 2023. If you choose to pay by credit card online (through WePay), the credit card processing fees are non-refundable.
Registration and Payment Deadlines
Registration will close on June 23, 2023. All payments are due in full no later than June 30, 2023.
If International Academic Competitions is forced to cancel the Olympiad in advance of it due to reasons pertaining to Covid-19, then participation fees will be reimbursed in full, minus any transaction fees we incur (including currency conversions, credit card fees, and wire transfer fees). If we need to cancel the Olympiad during the event itself, then registration costs will be refunded on a prorated basis depending on how much of the Olympiad has taken place until then.
Please note that if a family decides to withdraw a student due to concerns about Covid-19, unless IAC itself makes the decision to cancel the Olympiad, there are no additional refunds provided beyond what is mentioned in the above paragraph.